Complaints Procedure

Complaints Procedure

We are committed to providing a high quality legal service and to dealing with all our clients fairly. We acknowledge that we may not always get it right so if something has gone wrong, including in relation to the bill, we need you to tell us.

If you have any concerns regarding the handling of your case you should initially raise them with the fee earner dealing directly with your case. That person will endeavour to resolve the issue to your complete satisfaction.

If you are still unhappy you can raise your concerns directly with our complaints partner, Mr Chris Stevenson. To help us to understand your complaint, and in order that we do not miss anything, please tell us your full name and contact details, what you think we have got wrong and what you hope to achieve as a result of your complaint. Mr Stevenson will write to you confirming your complainant and what will be done about it.

If you require any help in making your complaint we will try to help you. Furthermore please note we will not charge you for handling your complaint.

If you are unhappy with the outcome of our complaints handling procedure please first let us know and we will review the matter. If you are still unhappy you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to look into your complaint. Details of The Legal Ombudsman complainant’s procedure can be obtained by telephone on 0300 555 0333 or by accessing the website You must usually refer your complaint within twelve months of our final written response to your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman service is free of charge.

We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) and are committed to behaving independently, fairly and with integrity to best serve the interest of our clients. If you feel that we have breached a SRA principle you can report the matter to the SRA at or by contacting the SRA contact centre on 0370 606 2555 or Please note the SRA are not able to deal with issues of poor service.

Please note that if we have issued a bill for work done on the matter, and all or some of the bill is not paid, we may be entitled to charge interest on the amount outstanding.